Join CORSPAN Today!
Annual Membership is only $95.00.
TO JOIN CORSPAN
1. Check the membership requirements below, then click "Join Now!" below to jump to PayPal.
2. Login to PayPal or create a PayPal account. All payments are processed through PayPal. You may use a credit card or the default method you select.
3. Set up convenient automatic renewal, or make a one-time payment.
4. After submitting payment, create a FREE member profile by completing the registration form back here at the CORSPAN website. NOTE: Your member profile allows potential clients to search for you, so it should be as complete as possible.
5. After membership is approved, your FREE member profile will appear on the CORSPAN website. Potential clients can search for you by last name, city, state/province, or country.
1. CORSPAN uses a rolling membership year. Your membership is effective for one year from the date you join.
2. Credit card information can be updated in PayPal at any time.
3. For automatic renewal, the membership fee will be charged annually unless CORSPAN is notified by e-mail or postal mail at least 15 days prior to your renewal date.
4. Registration includes your permission to receive news and membership updates by e-mail.
Members must answer YES to (A) or (B):
(A) I affirm that I currently hold the Certificate of Clinical Competence from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (or equivalent international organization).
(B) I affirm that I have held the Certificate of Clinical Competence from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (or equivalent international organization) in the past, and that it has never been revoked.Note: If it is revealed upon verification that you do not meet these professional criteria, your membership can be denied or revoked. Membership fees are non-refundable.
Dr. Beulah Johnson-Keels
SPEECH EFX — speechefx.com
1. Tell us about your practice, including the location (city & state) and the services you provide.
Speech EFX is located in beautiful, St. Petersburg, Florida. I began my practice in 2001, as a part time venture, but for the past two years I have been happily running Speech EFX full time. I’ve worked in various settings as a Speech-Language Pathologist, but over the years I’ve found that I have a penchant for working with business professionals and athletes. However, my love for speech and language finds me welcoming all who elect to improve their communication skills. In the event, the client’s needs are beyond my area of interest, such as related to accent modification, I have a host of Corspan colleagues to whom I can refer.
The services that I provide varies, however, the end goal is the same for every client; communication training that results in clear, confident speech. I especially enjoy working with clients who are linguistically diverse and are speakers of nonstandard English. That being said, I offer training in strategies for the use of language that is appropriate to the speaking situation (e.g. formal language vs. informal language), enhancement of nonverbal communication skills, rate of speech, and awareness of communication styles as it relates to one’s personal image and confidence. I work with clients on any aspect of speech/communication (other than accent modification), which presents a barrier to their professional or personal livelihood.
2. What do you find most rewarding about being a corporate speech trainer?
The most rewarding thing about being a corporate speech trainer is, seeing the end results in the clients’ ability to use effective communication to navigate their lives and in some cases, advance their careers. I have the privilege of working with people who want to change something about their speech. It’s rewarding that I get to be a part of that.
3. What sets you aside from other corporate speech trainers?
Speech EFX is not geared toward accent modification. One thing that makes Speech EFX unique is the target audience; athletes, all athletes in any sport and in any phase of their careers. I’m a sports fan – particularly of football and I noticed during interviews, some athletes could benefit from speech training. I saw corporate speech training as an untapped need in the athletic market. So, I’ve found a niche which can potentially garner athletes public speaking engagements and endorsements long after their playing days have ended. Also, most of my services are provided virtually to cater to my clients’ availability.
4. If you were not a corporate speech trainer what job would you have?
I would be an urban farmer who sells produce at a weekend farmers market. I have a small garden and I enjoy sharing what I grow with our neighbors. Seeing Mother Nature do her thing – from one small seed you get a plant that yields many. Absolutely amazing!
5. What is your favorite pastime?
Actually, I have two favorite pastimes. My all-time favorite pastime is being with my wonderfully, funny, loving family. Second to them, is spending time at the beach. I only live 15 minutes from the beach and yet it’s too far. There’s something very cathartic about sitting next to the water and taking time to reflect on all that is good in the world.